Invest your pension money
Your employer pays a monthly premium for your retirement pension. This is invested in a quality assured insurance policy with low fees. By default, your pension money is invested in an insurance that is one of the winners of our procurement.
If you do not want your pension money to be invested in the insurance we have chosen you can choose how it should be managed.
If you have ITP 1, you make your choice in My pages External link. (“Mina sidor”). If you have ITP 2, you make your choice by completing the choice form. Pdf, 641.3 kB.
- If you choose a traditional insurance you are guaranteed a minimum interest or a premium guarantee. If the company is more successful in its management, you will receive a higher return
- If you choose unit linked insurance you are taking a greater risk and you are not guaranteed any value appreciation on your money.
When you choose the form of savings, base your choice on your interest and your willingness to get involved in your occupational pension.
- I do not want to spend time on my pension but I want a safe investment with certain guarantees. Then the traditional insurance is right for you. The insurance company decides on the investments.
- I want higher risk and the possibility of a higher return, but I still do not want to be active myself. Then you can choose a unit-linked insurance and still be in the company’s default investment solution. The default investment solution consists of one or several funds. The company chooses which funds should be included and which level of risk the funds should have. The funds are managed by fund managers. Here, there are no guarantees as with traditional insurance. However, the risk decreases as you approach retirement.
These two investment solutions change gradually from a high share of equity to safer investments as retirement approaches, and thus mean lower risk than individual funds.
- I want to be involved in my pension. I want to choose investments and have a higher share of equity stocks? Then you can choose unit-linked insurance and move on and select separate funds from the company’s offering. If you choose unit-linked insurance, there are no guarantees. The size of the pension capital depends on how the investments are going and what fees you have to pay.