• Hem Hem
  • /
  • /
  • /
  • I am om parental leave
  • /

I am on parental leave

Inform the personnel department at your employer when you are planning your parental leave.

Your collective agreement may include extra compensation from your employer in addition to parents’ allowance which you receive from Försäkringskassan External link. (the Swedish Social Insurance Administration).

If you have ITP 1, the premiums are paid for your occupational pension insurance in relation to your parental benefits from Försäkringskassan. It is not your employer who makes the payments, they are paid through your insurance cover.

If you have ITP 2, it is up to your employer to choose whether they want to pay premiums during your parental leave.

Call us

Private: +46 8 508 980 00 (from abroad) 020-40 85 00 (from Sweden)

Companies: +46 8 508 981 00

Phone hours

Monday-Friday 08:30-16:30

Postal address

103 76 Stockholm

Download choice forms and information about ITP.