• Hem Hem
  • /
  • /
  • /
  • /
  • Compensation abroad
  • /

Compensation abroad

If you do not earn national pension when you are abroad, you can in some cases receive pension compensation for this loss though your ITP.

If you work in a country outside the EU/EEA or in a country with which Sweden has not signed a social security convention, you receive Compensation abroad for loss of Swedish national pension.

If you work in a country within the EU/EEA and your employer thinks that social security within the country provides low compensation, your employer can decide to give you Compensation abroad.

Such countries include:

  • the Baltic states
  • Romania
  • Bulgaria
  • Poland
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia,
  • the Czech Republic
  • Hungary

Your employer can compensate you by either taking out compensation through ITP/Collectum or by arranging the compensation in another way. Contact your employer to learn more.

If your employer chooses to give you compensation abroad though ITP/Collectum

ITP 1 and ITP 2: Depending on your age, your Compensation abroad will be between 9.4 and 18.5 per cent of your salary below SEK 47,625 per month, depending on your age. When you return to Sweden, Compensation abroad ceases to apply.

The compensation will be placed in the insurance company where you have your ITP or ITPK money. If you are younger than 25 years, the compensation is invested in traditional insurance without repayment cover in Alecta.

Call us

Private: +46 8 508 980 00 (from abroad) 020-40 85 00 (from Sweden)

Companies: +46 8 508 981 00

Phone hours

Monday-Friday 08:30-16:30

Postal address

103 76 Stockholm

Download choice forms and information about ITP.